A LIST OF THE 15 LARGEST MALLS ON EARTH !!!
The 15 Largest Malls In The World As Measured By Retail Leaseable Area as of 2018
Malls in one form or another have been around since man ( and women ) began to trade. Starting with gathering at a city gate, then grouping of shops within walled cities, to the Persian Bazaar ( Bāzār ), Greek Agora, Roman Forum, African Souq, Arcades and Gallerias.
Malls are an American name for larger shopping centers Malls are typically enclosed, with a roof over a climate-controlled corridor between two facing rows of stores. Malls at their very best have always combined merchandise with entertainment and eating. Our criteria for inclusion on this list is based on the retail portion of the development. There are some very large developments that include hotels, office towers, theme parks and residential. We tried to distill down this list to they actual store and shopping center Gross Leasaeble Area ( GLA ). We welcome submissions, comments and corrections below.
The 15 Largest Malls In The World Are:
- New South China Mall ( 新华南Mall ) in Dongguan, China ( 660,000 square meters / 7,100,000 square feet ) – 2,350 stores
- Golden Resources Mall (Jin Yuan – 金源时代购物中心 ) in Beijing, China ( 557,419 square meters / 6,000,010 square feet ) – 1,600 Stores
- Dubai Mall ( دبي مول ) in Dubai, United Arab Emirates ( 502,000 square meters /5,400,000 square feet ) – 1,200 stores
- SM Megamall in Mandaluyong City, Philippines ( 474,000 square meters / 5,100,000 square feet ) – 500 stores
- Isfahan City Center ( اصفهان ) in Isfahan, Iran ( 465,500 square meters / 5,011,000 square feet ) – 700+ stores
- Mall of America in Bloomington, Minnesota, United States ( 452,000 square meters / 4,870,000 square feet/ ) – 500+ stores
- SM Mall of Asia in Bay City, Pasay, Philippines ( 406,962 square meters / 4,380,500 square feet ) – 600 stores
- Siam Paragon ( สยามพารากอน ) Pathum Wan, Bangkok, Thailand ( 400,000 square meters / 4,305,564 square feet) – 575+ stores
- West Edmonton Mall in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada ( 350,000 square meters / 3,800,000 square feet ) – 800+ stores
- Berjaya Times Square in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia ( 319,586 square meters / 3, 440,000 million square feet ) – 1,000+ stores
- Lotte World Mall ( 롯데월드몰 ) in Songpa District, Seoul, South Korea. ( 304,081 square meters / 3,273,100 sq ft ) – 786 stores
- King of Prussia Mall, King of Prussia, Pennsylvania ( 270,000 square meters / 2,900,000 square feet ) – 450 stores
- CentralWorld ( เซ็นทรัลเวิลด์ ) in Bangkok, Thailand: ( 141,029 square meters / 1,518,023 square feet ) – 495 stores
15. Istanbul Cevahir ( İstanbul Cevahir ) in Istanbul, Turkey ( 110,000 square meters / 1,184,000 sq ft) – 406 stores
“Make no little plans; they have no magic to stir men’s blood and probably themselves will not be realized. Make big plans; aim high in hope and work …. Remember that our sons and our grandsons are going to do things that would stagger us.” Daniel Hudson Burnham (1846-1912)
If you feel a shopping center or mall should be added or subtracted from this list please leave a comment below. We also welcome any corrections or clarifications to create the most accurate listing:
Michaeljflight.com aims to be a comprehensive source for Retail Real Estate | Shopping Center | Mall | Shopping Centre | Centro Comercial | Shopping Precinct | Shopping Arcade | 购物中心 | Gòuwù zhòng xīn | Winkelcentrum | Centre commercial | la galerie marchande | Einkaufszentrum | Εμπορικό κέντρο | Emporikó kéntro | קֶנִיוֹן | मॉल | Pláza | Verslunarmiðstöð | meal siopadóireachta | Centro commerciale | モール | Mōru | 쇼핑 센터 | syoping senteo | vir | Centrum handlowe | Centru comercial | Торговый центр | Torgovyy tsentr | Tržni centar | Nákupné centrum | Köpcenter | ห้างสรรพสินค้า | H̄̂āng s̄rrph s̄inkĥā | Alışveriş Merkezi | trung tâm mua sắm | Молл | I-Mall | Moll | mol | Net-Lease Single-Tenant Retail | Investment | Acquistion | Operations | Leasing | Redevelopment | Management | Property Management | Property Accounting | Property Bookkeeping | Property Regulation
LEGAL AND TAX COUNSEL: Concordia Realty Corporation and Michael J. Flight and their affiliates do not provide tax, legal or accounting advice. This material has been prepared for informational purposes only, and is not intended to provide, and should not be relied on for, tax, legal or accounting advice. You should consult your own tax, legal and accounting advisors before engaging in any transaction or undertaking. Concordia Realty Corporation and Michael J. Flight highly encourage individuals and investors to seek the counsel of a qualified attorney as well as seek the counsel of a tax professional or Certified Public Accountant (CPA) to determine if there are any potential tax liabilities or consequences as the result of anything contained herein. NO GUARANTEE: All users of this website should understand there are NO GUARANTEES of any success, outcome or profitability of any transaction or undertaking, expressed or implied by Concordia Realty Corporation and Michael J. Flight or any of its members, shareholders, officers or affiliates and will NOT be liable for any financial or other losses or damages incurred as a result of any undertaking. Go HERE to view complete DISCLOSURES.
About the Author: Michael J. Flight
Let your investment dreams take flight with the expert help of Michael Flight, principal investor at Concordia Realty.
Michael has worked for more than 28 years and handled more than $500 million worth of real estate transactions on behalf of his clients at Concordia Realty. Michael began his business in the realm of retail real estate, with Concordia Realty now handling third-party property and asset management services for a variety of commercial real estate investments.
He also specializes in revitalizing distressed investments for partners, adding value for clients … including banks, insurance companies, and hedge funds. Michael has consulted for some of the top investment and development companies in the world … and now his knowledge is available to YOU.
Are you searching for someone who can maximize the full potential of your property? Not only do Michael and his team at Concordia specialize in intensive hands-on property management, but they also bring the right relationships with attorneys, consultants, and contractors to the table.
With extensive experience in development, leasing, sales, property management, and innovative financing techniques, Michael and his trained team have the ability to make your property into the cash cow you know it can be.